You’ve heard it before… and again… and again, but we’re going to tell you one more time:
We are living in unprecidented times.
It’s really scary to think about the health and economic livelihood of our society right now. But if you’re reading this, chances are that the Coronavirus has impacted your wedding plans.
Nothing breaks my heart more than knowing that our Juleps are having to put their dreams on hold. For many of you, you’ve not just spent months planning the reality of your wedding, but you’ve spent years daydreaming of your day. While our #modernbrides aren’t ones to admit their wedding is the number one thing on their mind, we understand that it should be.
We are big believers in the intimate and everlasting nature of your wedding. To us, weddings aren’t just a party (though that’s definitely a fun perk!). We are in this to celebrate and solidify YOU and your LOVE and we love taking the burden of planning, budgeting, and stress on your behalf.
Learn more about why we are in this
Most agree that planning your wedding is one of the most stressful times in a relationship, but clearly, these people haven’t planned a wedding during the Coronavirus outbreak!
Okay, jokes aside. We know you guys are being overloaded with ways to plan during COVID-19, steps for reviewing your contracts, etc. so we wanted to shift your focus a little bit and put it back on strengthening your relationship. After all, nothing says “I want to know my fiance deeper” than being forced into quarantine with them for a month! Here are our favorite suggestions for soaking up that #engagedlife.
Ask the tough questions
Take some time over dinner to discuss the hard things in life! Here are some ideas:
- What do you spend your money on?
- Do you consider yourself a “spender” or a “saver”
- Do you invest? How would you invest your money?
- Do you want a joint bank account?
- What are your political stances on today’s hot topics?
- If you could change one thing about our government, what would it be?
- Do you agree with the way our mayor/governor/president is handling the COVID-19 outbreak?
- Do you want to start a family? When do you see that happening?
- How many kids would you like? Do you want to adopt?
- If something tragic were to happen to you, how long would you want to stay on life support?
- What reasons might you consider divorce? What hardship could we not recover from?
Pop open that bottle of tequila and pull out that board game you said you’d never play with your significant other (can anyone say cards against humanity and watch ya mouth???)! It’s so important to let loose with each other and keep your energy going.
We think the best way to strengthen your relationship is to actually take a step outside of your relationship. Take some time to slow down and unwind with your fiance. Here are a few suggestions we have to center your mind for marriage:
- The Meaning of Marriage – Timothy Keller (Book)
- The Five Love Languages – Gary Chapman (Book)
- Anna Faris is Unqualified – (Podcast)
- Happily Ever After – (Premarital Course)
**These are NOT affiliate links. We are not making any additional money off of these suggestions, we just think they’re really awesome resources for you 🙂
Are you going to be implementing any of these in your Quarantine Routine? Let us know in the comments below!